Friday, June 19, 2009

Easily one of the greatest days of my life

I met Paul Farmer last night.

That sentence deserved stand-alone recognition. Paul Farmer is a true delight. At one point I was standing with Chris Elias (the president of PATH, who himself is one of the greatest global health leaders) and Paul in the holding area. It was just the three of us. I was so excited I said, "Dr. Farmer, I just want you to know that students have come from Canada and Oregon and started lining up at 2:30 today. There are a thousand people here. We all think you're a rock star!" Did I really say "rock star"?!?!?! How embarassing. Anyway, he was completely gracious.

Here are a couple of pictures from last night. It was magical.

The co-planners, Nicole, Jessica and me. These girls are two great people to work with!


The Director of WGHA, Lisa Cohen, addressing the crowd.

And the big one. Lisa, Paul Farmer, and me. Ahhhhhhh!!!

kiki san

No comments:

Post a Comment